Dental problems such as discolored, chipped, or misshapen teeth, can not only affect your self-confidence but if left untreated they can also begin to affect your oral and overall health. Dr. Chetna K. Desai and Dr. Nicolas A. Jorge are dentists at Desai Dental Care in Ellicott City, MD. They provide their patients with full general and cosmetic services. Here are five common dental problems that they can fix.
- Discolored teeth: Over time, stains from food, drinks, and smoking, build up on your teeth and can make them appear dull and grey. Even if you brush and floss regularly a certain amount of staining is unavoidable and having discolored teeth can make you look unhealthy and can affect your confidence. Fortunately, this problem is easy to fix with in-chair teeth whitening. It takes less than an hour and can whiten your teeth by up to eight shades, and it can last for several years.
- Chipped teeth: Ellicott City dental patients who have small chips in their teeth can erase these flaws with dental bonding which can be used to fill in chips and shaped to match your natural teeth. If the damage is more severe, porcelain veneers are another option. A veneer is a very thin sheath of porcelain that is fitted over the front of a tooth. It is designed to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth.
- Crooked teeth: If your teeth are out of alignment and you would like them straightened but you don’t want the discomfort or embarrassment that comes with wearing traditional braces, you can choose Invisalign. Invisalign are clear, soft aligners that can be removed for eating or cleaning your teeth. They are comfortable and practically invisible.
- Weakened or worn down teeth: If you have a tooth that has been weakened by a large filling or a root canal, or your teeth are worn from grinding, dental crowns can be used to strengthen them and reshape them. A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cap that covers the natural tooth and protects it.
- Missing teeth: The best solution for missing teeth is dental implants. An implant is comprised of a dental crown attached to a titanium post that is implanted into the jaw bone. Over time, your jawbone fuses with the post, making the tooth secure.
If you are an Ellicott City resident and you are looking for a cosmetic dentist, contact Dr. Desai and Dr. Jorge at 410-480-9111 to request an appointment.