Invisalign is an innovative method for straightening teeth and addressing other orthodontic issues, such as crowded, protruding, or uneven teeth. Invisalign is right for you if you are interested in a comfortable and discreet alternative to traditional braces. Invisalign is available at Desai Dental Care in Ellicott City, MD, where Dr. Chetna Desai and Dr. Nicolas Jorge can transform your smile.
How Invisalign Works
Invisalign treatment moves and straightens teeth in a manner similar to traditional braces by exerting gentle pressure on the teeth to move them in the desired direction. However, unlike braces, there are no brackets, bands, or wires with Invisalign. Instead, patients wear aligner trays over the teeth during treatment. The aligner trays are made from a clear material, making Invisalign extremely discreet.
The aligner trays come in sets of two, one each for the top and bottom rows of teeth. Each set is worn for a few weeks at a time. After about two weeks, a new set of aligner trays replaces the previous one. Each set moves the teeth closer to the final position. On average, it takes about 12-18 months for most patients to achieve their desired results with Invisalign.
Invisalign can address a variety of orthodontic issues. Some of the problems that can be successfully treated with Invisalign include:
- Crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
Invisalign is extremely versatile and effective but traditional braces are sometimes best for certain orthodontic issues, such as serious bite alignment problems. The skilled dentists at our office in Ellicott City, MD, can determine if Invisalign is right for your orthodontic concerns.
The advantages of Invisalign include:
- Discreet: The clear material used to make the aligner trays means they are barely noticeable.
- Comfortable: The aligners are made from soft and flexible plastic so they are comfortable to wear.
- Removable: Trays can be removed temporarily for up to two hours a day when eating or when brushing and flossing.
- Improved Oral Hygiene: Maintaining excellent oral hygiene is easier since the trays can be removed to brush and floss more thoroughly.
- Fewer Food Restrictions: Since the aligners can be removed to eat, you can enjoy a wider variety of foods without risking damage to the trays.
- Protection: Invisalign’s aligner trays can function similarly to a night guard and protect teeth from the wear and tear of grinding and clenching in your sleep.
There are numerous reasons why Invisalign will be right for you. One of the primary reasons is that you can finally enjoy a straighter smile. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Desai or Dr. Jorge to learn more about Invisalign by calling Desai Dental Care in Ellicott City, MD, at (410) 480-9111.